ISES LA Education Series Presents:
“The Cost of Going Green“
Wednesday, April 20, 2011 from 11 a.m.-2 p.m.
California Science Center, Los Angeles
Join ISES LA Members and guests at the California Science Center as Richard Byford, owner, Byway Events & Entertainment and Joshua Mark, Executive Director, Special Event Production, Creative Services at FOX Broadcasting Company, inform and entertain you!
“The Cost of Going Green” is a presentation you won’t want to miss!
Richard Byford is a renaissance man… songwriter/entertainer/event planner/speaker/world traveler… to name just a few of his talents! As owner of Byway Events & Entertainment, a green global special events & entertainment company, Richard is passionate about teaching people to adopt sustainable and green ways of doing business. His presentations are designed to make you think, in particular about how you can play an active role. As Richard says, “We cannot afford NOT to!” He passionately believes that the special events industry is in a great position to lead by example.
Joshua Mark is the Executive Director, Special Event Production, Creative Services at FOX Broadcasting Company. Through his work, FOX Upfront Presentations are now carbon neutral! Most recently he worked on the greening of the 2010 American Idol Finale and 2010 Teen Choice Awards. Prior to FOX, Joshua worked in production on numerous TV shows including “Saved By The Bell”, “California Dreams” and “City Guys”.
Topics will include:
• How to produce green events.
• Why education of your employees is so important.
• How green practices can save your clients money both in the short and long term.
• Practical green ideas illustrated with actual examples and quotes from producers across the country.
Before leaving you will:
• Acquire a basic knowledge of what is easily available to produce a green event.
• Find out why it is a myth that it costs more to go green.
• Learn how to explain to a client who is dead against anything to do with going green that not only will it save them money, it is also a great marketing tool.
• Understand why you should let the world know what you are doing towards producing green events – be proud of it.
• Discover why education is so important.
The last part of our program will be an open discussion moderated by our speakers where all attendees will be invited to join in!
Our luncheon is hosted by the California Science Center. A one-of-a-kind venue in Los Angeles, the California Science Center is the backdrop for numerous exciting special events. Whether it’s an intimate setting for forty or an extravaganza for four thousand, the Science Center successfully combines a dramatic space filled with light and art with three floors of interactive exhibits and an IMAX Theater. Attendees will be treated to an inside tour of this amazing venue,… really several venues in one! There’s a lot to see, so wear comfortable walking shoes!
Our luncheon and presentation will take place in The Muses Room in the Wallis Annenberg building with delectable fare prepared by catering favorite Gourmet Celebrations.
To register, visit the ISES LA website.